Edureka is a learning platform for technology professionals. It offers dozens of certifications and postgraduate programs in 18 categories including DevOps, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, BI and visualization, and big data. It also offers executive programs in collaboration with a number of top Indian universities.
- Getting certified in specific technology skills
- Upskilling to a higher-paid tech job
- Specialists in technology disciplines
- Choice of self-paced or live classes
- No pre-requisites to join
- Website is a bit hard to navigate
- Lack of information about lecturers
Edureka has subjects in 18 categories:
Cloud computing – incl. Cloud Architecture, AWS Architect training, and Salesforce
DevOps – incl. DevOps engineering, Kubernetes, and Git and Git Hub
BI & visualization – incl. business intelligence, Tableau, and Microsoft BI
Data science – incl. Python, machine learning, and statistics essentials
Big data – incl. Hadoop, Apache Spark and Scala, and ELK stack training
Project management and methodologies – incl. Six Sigma, Professional Scrum Master, and project and infrastructure financing
Programming and frameworks – incl. full stack web developer, Python, and Microsoft .NET framework
Software testing – incl. automation testing using TestComplete 11.0, continuous testing in DevOps, and performance testing using JMeter
Robotic process automation – incl. RPA using Automation Anywhere, robotic process using UiPath
Digital marketing – incl. Google Analytics, measuring social media ROI
Data warehousing and ETL – incl. Informatica, Talend, and data warehousing
Artificial intelligence – incl. machine learning engineering, natural language processing, and deep learning with TensorFlow 2.0
Cyber security – incl. CompTIA Security+ certification
Mobile development – Android app development, iOS app development
Databases – incl. SQL, MongoDB, and Neo4j graph database
Operating systems – incl. Linux administration, Unix shell scripting
Blockchain – incl. blockchain certification, Ethereum developer
Edureka has broadly four categories of courses: self-learning courses, live certification training, Master’s programs, and executive programs.
- Self-learning courses allow you to work at your own pace through videos, PowerPoints, and projects. These are the cheapest courses and are good for quickly learning new skills.
- Certification training takes place in instructor-led live online classes. They usually take place on weekends or weeknights, running for several days or weeks. The popular courses run over and over again, so if you miss one start date you can probably jump in a few days or weeks later.
- Master’s programs are basically degree-type programs that package together several courses over around 80-200 hours of interactive learning. For example, the Business Intelligence Master’s Program includes in-depth training on Data Warehousing and BI, Teradata, Informatica, Microsoft BI and Tableau. Master’s programs typically include a hands-on project where you show off the skills you learned during the program.
- Advanced executive programs are a new offering where you earn a joint certificate from Edureka and top universities. Edureka currently has partnerships with six top universities in India.
Edureka doesn’t reveal much information about its instructors without you actually signing up for a course. Generally speaking, anyone with an in-depth working knowledge of their particular domain can apply to teach at Edureka. With that said, all of Edureka’s courses and instructors are vetted, differentiating it from the larger massive open online course (MOOC) platforms where anyone can create a course.
The Edureka website has been running for almost a decade, and if we’re to be honest it could use an update. The layout is a little confusing, and while you can find what you’re looking for, it does take a little more time than on some of the other good online course platforms.
After signing up for a course, the process is quite simply. You’ll find all your courses in your account, and be able to pick up where you left off each time you open the platform. Usefully, Edureka also has a mobile app (iOS and Android), making it suitable for learning on the go.
Pricing varies from course to course. Self-paced courses generally cost in the range of $100-$200, live classes can cost around $400-$500, and Master’s programs cost in the range of $1,200-$1,500. Edureka doesn’t offer any subscriptions, so you’ll need to sign up on a course-by-course basis.
Edureka was founded by Indian entrepreneurs Lovleen Bhatia and Kapil Tyagi in 2011. Its headquarters are in Bengalaru, India, and it has operations in various locations in India and the United States. In 2014, Deloitte recognized Edureka as the fastest growing technology company in India. In 2018, it raised $2 million in its first round of funding from Leo Capital.
Edureka is a good option for anyone looking to fast-track their career in tech. It doesn’t really cater to beginners, but if you already have a solid background in technology then it can be just the platform to upskill and land a higher-paying role.